ICONIC LEBRON JAMES TOPPS CHROME #111 ROOKIE CARD

ICONIC LEBRON JAMES TOPPS CHROME #111 ROOKIE CARD

So here is a very nice example of one of the ICONIC Lebron James Rookie Cards.  The 2003-04 Topps Chrome #111.  This card is considered by most to be the BEST Rookie Card of Lebron.  As we all know, Lebron is going to go down in NBA history as one of the 5 Greatest to ever play on the basketball court.  He is considered the best already by many.  He still has opportunity to win more championships, I don't know about 3 more but he could do it. So more about this card.  I purchased this about a month ago knowing this is going to be the card 10-15 years from now.  I made the investment know that this card could be worth a pretty nice chunk in the future.  It's rather rare also after looking up the population report on PSA's website.  4,570 Lebron Topps Chrome have been grade by www.psacard.com.  

The breakdown is as follows:  

PSA 10 - Gem Mint -  1,986 to date
PSA 9 -  Mint - 1.926 to date
PSA 8 - NM-MT - 504 to date

Here's the video I posted on my Youtube channel.  Check it out.  It's not a 10 but it's still real nice and I'm happy about the grade.  

So I can't tell you the print run on this card.  But looking at the total above graded by PSA 4,416 cards are PSA 8 or higher.  I don't have the numbers graded by other companies such as SGC and BGS, but I would guess PSA has graded the most being the leader in sports card grading.  About 7 months ago you could have bought a PSA 10 for $1,200, today it's around $6,000.  PSA 9 would cost you anywhere from $600-$750, today $2,500-$3,000.  So why the sudden jump in price.  Well we can see that thousands of new collector's have come into the hobby for one.  The 2nd reason could be that everyone looks at the 86 Fleer Jordan and say this is Lebron's comparison to the Jordan Fleer RC. All of the information here is just my opinion and it can be a great reference for the future.  I think it's really good to post the cards and to see what happens in the years to come.  Take care and if you like subscribe to m channel for other great cards I own. 

Thanks

Comments

Popular Posts